About Lysander Funds
Lysander Funds partners with independent, experienced investment managers with sound and focused investment strategies to provide cost-effective investment solutions.
Investors can access Lysander’s pooled funds, mutual funds and closed-end fund solutions through IIROC Investment Advisors and MFDA dealers.
How does Lysander Create Value?
Too often, individual investors select investment funds based on name recognition instead of selecting the funds which best match their investment needs and risk preferences.
Due to the noise and expense of financial product marketing, smaller boutique and independent investment managers do not enjoy the same access to the network of Investment Advisors and sales support as large firms. This means they often cannot attract the audience they deserve.
Lysander eschews the jargon, investment fads and associated marketing costs of the mainstream fund management industry, preferring to focus on sensible and independent investment management.
Lysander’s original mission was to deliver the portfolio management skill of Canso Investment Counsel to individual investors via experienced Investment Advisors. Lysander’s success in the mission has attracted other portfolio managers to the Lysander Funds platform, and has grown assets under management to over $4.0 billion in pooled funds, mutual funds, closed-end funds and an ETF.
Lysander Partner Portfolio Managers
In 2012 Lysander expanded its fund offerings with the goal of giving Canadian investors access to the investment expertise of other experienced and independent portfolio managers. Lysander has selected these specialist portfolio managers with similar attributes to those driving Canso’s success, namely a skilled investment process based on independence and active management.
Today, Lysander’s offerings has grown to 22 funds across multiple asset classes, with access to eight unique managers:
- Canso Investment Counsel: Credit and Deep Value, Balanced and Global Equity,
- Crusader Asset Management: Canadian Equity Income, since 2012;
- 18 Asset Management: Canadian Equity, since 2012;
- Seamark Asset Management: Balanced and Global Equity, since 2015;
- Slater Asset Management: Preferred Shares, since 2015;
- Triasima Portfolio Management: Balanced and World Equity, since 2016;
- Roundtable Capital Partners: Low Volatility Equity, since 2016;
- Fulcra Asset Management: Balanced, since 2017