|Job Title:||Operations Specialist|
|Company:||Lysander Funds Ltd.|
|Reports To:||Chief Operating Officer|
Working as part of the Lysander’s Operations team, this role will provide support in areas of day‐to‐day operations, financial reporting, dealer services and marketing functions. This role also works closely and supports Lysander’s legal and compliance teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing oversight in managing the daily, quarterly and annual operations of various funds which includes NAV calculations, distributions, performance reporting, marketing materials etc.
- Assisting in the preparation of reporting packages including financial statements, MRFP reporting, renewal of Fund documents and T3 returns
- Working with the Portfolio Managers and Fund Administrators to resolve settlement/pricing issues
- Working within our dealer services department to process inquiries such as providing duplicate tax slips,
account specific inquiries etc.
- Invoice generation and processing
- Develop and maintain knowledge of applicable securities and other legislation
- Support the launch of any new business
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with service providers
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and enhancement of operational systems and associated
controls and procedures.
- Other job‐related tasks as assigned
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- A team player mind‐set and is collaborative, adaptable, committed, dependable and open minded;
- At minimum 2 years of fund accounting or fund operations experience is required.
- University degree or College diploma is preferred;
- Successful completion of CSC, or equivalent;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain meaningful relationships with all stakeholders
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suites
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast‐paced environment;
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Bilingual in English and French is preferred
With the current pandemic, we require all staff to be doubly vaccinated.
Lysander Funds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email only to Margie D’Amata, Manager of Operations, Lysander Funds Ltd. at email@example.com.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those in consideration for the opportunity will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: December 10, 2021